Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Thousand Splendid Suns

One thing I planned to do on this blog when I started it was "book reviews". I haven't done that many but it is never too late to start.

A Thousand Splendid Suns was written by Khaled Hosseini. (He also wrote Kite Runner which was also a very good read.)

I thought this book was so good that I have in fact read it twice which is not something I do often. It is not only a heart breaking story about a couple of women and their families (the things these women have to endure are just awful), it is also full of the history of Afghanistan which I personally did not know much about. After reading this book, I have a renewed fear of the Taliban and terrorists. The power that they have had (and continue to have) in Afghanistan is terrifying.

No comments: