Friday, February 5, 2010

What the Friday??

I have been coming up with this idea for a couple of weeks now, so here it goes...I would like to start a new blog carnival...What the Friday?? It basically comes from the idea that at least once a week I hear/see something that makes me think "what the frick?" so I thought I could share some of those things with you. If you want to share yours, feel free....

So onto this week's What the Frick?

I heard on the radio this week that Indianapolis is pushing back its school start time on Monday morning by one hour. Apparantly in the past when the Colts have been in the Superbowl, the bus drivers all call in sick the morning after, so to try to deter this, the schools are actually going to open later. Really?? Like the bus drivers won't still be hungover then?

In New Orleans, school has been canceled altogether for Monday.

The radio announcers then went on to say that it would work out better if President's Day was moved to coincide with The Superbowl because then the schools would already be out for the day. Really, why not move the Superbowl by one week?

No comments: