Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Movies

This year the Christmas season has been different from the past years in that Isaac has been remembering and asking for various things from Christmases past. I think it is so neat that our family traditions are beginning to take shape.

One tradition that I am sure most families have is watching Christmas movies. This past weekend, Isaac asked for the "Grinch" (the animated one) so I went to the video store and rented it for us. He has been watching it every day since then. Luckily we get to keep it for a week. This movie has always been a favorite of mine too so I sat down yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it with him.

Another movie that we have enjoyed every year as a family is the Polar Express. I rented that one too and plan to have a family movie night soon.

Lastly, it doesn't feel like Christmas without Ralphie. It is a must in my world to watch "A Christmas Story" at least once during the season. Isaac hasn't shown much interest in that one yet.

So that is our family, what are your favorite Christmas movies?

2 comments:

Lori said...

I myself have to watch Natl Lampoons Christmas Vacation and Elf...my husband has to watch A Christmas Story. We've got the typical Rudolph, Santas coming to town etc for the kids on DVD now too.

Megan said...

I'm with Lori, Christmas Vacation is my FAVORITE. I also love It's A Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, & Elf. Rudolph is, of course a favorite of everyone along with Elf and Polar Express. We also watched Santa is coming to Town last night.