Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ready for Christmas?

Well it is Christmas Eve Day and I think that I am ready for Christmas. We baked cookies and made some chocolate covered party mix. I am done with the shopping and wrapping. I even had time to make a couple of gifts. Isaac is done with his school holiday program, and it went well. Sorry no photos, they were all group pics. Now I just hope that the weather will cooperate and our company will be able to come this weekend.

I have been letting Isaac open a few of his gifts this week. It has been really fun. He is at the perfect age for this. He appreciates everything so much, and it has been making my week go a lot smoother. For example, on Monday when he was nervous about his holiday program that night, I let him open a movie from his Auntie so that took his mind off of his anxiety for almost 2 hours! On Tuesday he opened the Mad Libs from me and Todd, and that was an hour or so of fun and laughing for the two of us.

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

Good idea, Mama! We did some things differently around here this year to help the anxiety as well. :-)

Angela :-)